· Assist the Director of the Division of Public Safety in coordination of administrative activities/assignments. Provides research and analyses on administrative, fiscal and personnel matters and recommends changes as appropriate. Work requires independent judgment and initiative in coordinating the activities between the secretarial/clerical staff and the University Police. The Division currently consists of 68 employees. This position is designated Managerial/Confidential.
· Assist the Director in administrative matters. Evaluates, recommends and applies University Policies and Procedures regarding Personnel Rules and Regulations, PBA and AFSCME collective bargaining contracts, Administrative and Finance Operating Procedures and Policies. Independently resolves actions within scope of responsibility. Recommends and implements internal operating policies and procedures. Assist in the design with recommendation of the automated office system for the administrative section. Coordinates the administrative support staff and the activities associated in the day-to-day operations of the department. Coordinates and provides recommendations to the Director on functions relating to budget, employment, hiring, termination, promotion, performance appraisals, approves staff tuition waiver request, attendance & leave records, travel, inventory, perquisite approvals, correspondence, and composes replies for non-routine items. Interprets policy and resolves problems in these areas. Independently responds to questionnaires and surveys as appropriate. Responsible for the monthly report for the Director and its electronic submission to the Administrative Services Directors. Regularly attends meetings on the behalf of the department; USF Management Network Committee, Management Staff and various budget, rate and personnel meetings. Maintains confidential files on internal investigations and grievances. Functions as Liaison with administrative offices within Administrative Services and throughout the University.
· Provides staff supervision for the secretarial/clerical areas within the Division, including technical supervision for uniformity in preparation of reports, misc. legal forms, certificates, correspondence, budget, and personnel forms. Coordinates efforts for efficient and accurate completion of special assignments. Evaluates and recommends changes in secretarial assignments by prioritizing the department workload.
· Directly supervises members of the operations staff within the unit including: Office Assistant, 1 Secretary, and 1 Clerical Aide. Evaluates and writes position descriptions and performance standards for these positions. Hires, evaluates, trains and counsels these employees.
· Manages all phases of the budget process for 8 police accounts representing approximately $3,128,000. Maintains the financial records for the Division and assist the Director with development and justification of the operating budget request. Has signature authority on all Division accounts. Prepares and maintains the automated lapse and rate plans for the Police E&G account, providing biweekly reports and projections for the Director. Consults with the Office of the Vice President and Budget Offices on related matters. Supervises functions relating to salary and hourly payroll certification, reconciliation of departmental ledgers, the Accounts Payable/Receivable records, on-call fees, special events, Sun Dome certifications and overtime reports. Administers the billing and collection procedures for police services rendered. Responsible for an internal audit of all administrative support records and providing a report to the Director of findings and suggestions for compliance with the University's Policies and Procedures and Administrative Services Operating Procedures.